Due to continuing growth, a successful global publisher of medical and healthcare journals is looking to appoint an experienced and market-savvy Head of Publishing, to be responsible for overseeing the editorial and design departments, ensuring the timely delivery of their journal and magazine portfolio.
This is a newly created multifaceted position in a growth environment and will require strong leadership and strategic thinking skills, along with the ability to communicate and collaborate with departments throughout the organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and commercially minded publishing professional to take on a new challenge and provide leadership and creativity as well as being the driving force behind the publishing team.
Key responsibilities of the Head of Publishing include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the editorial and design team, ensuring all publications are delivered to a high standard
- Being the motivating force, ensuring new journal launches are successful and working with the publishing teams to improve publications and internal processes
- Providing leaderships, and staff development opportunities for direct reports
- Analysing readership as well as clients in order to understand how to define the content strategy for all publications
- Attend international annual medical congresses to gather content ideas and network
The successful person will have:
- Demonstrable publishing and content experience, ideally from a scientific journal/magazine background, which includes identifying, evaluating and supporting the publishing content.
- Proven team management experience
- Commercial ability for identifying new business opportunities
- Experience of delivering complex print and digital publishing projects both hands on and as a Team Leader/Manager
- The ability to identify issues, identify key stakeholders and drive through resolution by strong influencing and matrix management skills
- A growth mind-set – always looking at opportunities to grow, develop and improve
This is a key senior management role, with salary and benefits commensurate with responsibility.
For further information please send your CV and a cover note outlining your interest and salary expectations or call for a confidential discussion on 0207 048 6223.