We are working with a prestigious learned society in London as they recruit for a new senior position in their publishing team. They are looking for a new Head of Publishing Operations to lead the production workflow of all their content, including the transformation into multiple formats such as print, digital and interactive apps.
This person will be the central point of contact between suppliers and internal teams, alongside managing a small production team and guide them through the transition towards a more digital publishing model.
- Managing the team responsible for print and digital production and quality checks of all published content
- Setting production budgets and schedules for print and digital publications
- Leading the evolution and change of digital production processes
- Managing the relationships with suppliers and overseeing the tendering processes
- Coordinating the cross-departmental relationships with Sales, Marketing and Technology teams
The ideal candidate will have a combination of print and digital background, and be able to manage the production of high volume print titles, while also taking the lead on the move to more digital formats.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.