Do you have significant experience of working in a sales environment, with a track record of leading and motivating a successful sales team? We have a fantastic brand new senior sales role, working for a highly successful global academic publisher. This role can be based in the UK, fully remote or hybrid, or based in their Berlin office on a hybrid working arrangement.
Due to substantial growth, our client is looking for an experienced and driven Head of Sales to lead the regional European teams within journals within the above territories. Working with the Academic Sales Director you will set the agenda for operations within the region to aid profitability and sustainable trading of the company’s successful journals product lines. This will involve leading high-level negotiations in the region and building innovative and commercially significant partnerships to grow the organisation’s markets there.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading and inspiring the journals team of ten staff, delivering a clear vision for operational effectiveness, development of revenue lines through increased trading and probability.
- Achieving and exceeding annual territory sales targets
- Developing and expanding relationships and commercial offers for customers.
- Designing s short-medium and long term business plan for the region,
- Increasing the company’s influence in the library market and beyond by cultivating a network of contacts across the region, extensive interaction with their consortia, in collaboration with the Open Access, eBook, Marketing and Editorial teams.
- Representing the company externally e.g. on working party groups or through networks.
We are looking for an inspiring people manager, with experience in recruiting and nurturing a successful team, with strong knowledge and experience of selling to the HE market. You will have strong knowledge of the academic publishing industry or the book/journals trade, as well as a good understanding of the global open research landscape and a proven track record of formulating and implementing successful sales strategies.
If you are looking for a new challenge and a role that you can develop and a role that is going to give you lots of variety and the opportunity to grow and nurture a great team, then please do apply now.
For further information please send your CV and a short cover note.