We are very excited to be working on an incredible Head of Sales role with one of the top international academic publishers! This senior leadership role will manage a Sales team and set the strategy to grow sales across digital library products for the UK and Europe. The role can be home-based within the UK, but hybrid working form London is also possible.
This role will focus on:
- Managing and developing the team, ensuring sales goals as well as personal development and career objectives are achieved
- Building and nurturing relationships with key library clients across assigned territories
- Growing the team in line with department goals
- Negotiating contracts and licences with UK & European customers
- Driving the sales strategy for the team. utilising market and customer knowledge to inform targets and KPI's
- Presenting sales reports, annual business plans and forecast to senior management
- Managing a territory budget and providing regular updates to Sales Director
This role will suit someone with extensive knowledge of library or publishing sales, and who is confident in their team management abilities. You will be able to show examples of leading and developing a team, of carrying out client negotiations, and of influencing effectively. You will have a strong commercial sense and the resilience to convert plans into actions.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.