An opportunity has arisen for a creative and innovative Head of Science to join the schools publishing team at a global educational publishing organisation. The role offers an excellent salary, benefits and hybrid working, requiring 2 days per week to be spent in the company's Oxford office.
As the Head of Science, you will work closely with the Product Director and play a pivotal role in shaping and delivering the company's science curriculum products and services for primary and secondary schools across the UK. You will lead and develop a talented team to create an engaging and market leading science portfolio, and identify opportunities that will increase the reach and impact of its products and services. Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development and implementation of the science curriculum strategy, ensuring it meets the needs of teachers and students.
- Lead a team to conceive and commission new products and support services.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including sales and marketing, to ensure the successful delivery of science products.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest educational trends, pedagogical approaches, and curriculum changes to inform content development.
- Provide guidance and support to the science content team, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Ensure maximum effectiveness during the development of new products and services, supporting the team to innovate and problem-solve
- Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, including authors, teachers, subject matter experts and educational talent.
The ideal Head of Science will have significant experience in science education, gained through publishing / product or teaching roles, preferably within the UK education system. Proven leadership skills, with the ability to inspire, manage and motivate a team as well as knowledge of the national curriculum standards for science at primary and secondary levels will be important. You will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders alongside a passion for education and a commitment to improving learning outcomes for students. To find out more abut this pivotal and rewarding role, get in touch ASAP.
Closing date for applications: 20th December 2023 (early applications may be prioritised).
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.