Redwood is excited to be working with a highly prestigious scientific Society to recruit a Head of Scientific Programmes. As their new strategy begins an exciting period of ambition this newly created role will work with scientific communities to create and curate a coherent and effective programme, spanning activities from their journals to their events, maximising connections and opportunities. This role offers a hybrid working arrangement.
Reporting to the Associate Directors, this role will require a close, collaborative working relationship with members of the society’s governance structure and other Heads of departments and will have overall responsibility for the management of the Society’s Scientific Programmes theme.
Some of the key responsibilities of this exciting new role will include, but are not limited to:
- Curating content within the Society’s journals, conferences, events, professional development and other activities to develop a coherent & exciting programme.
- Ensuring the Society’s scientific programme meets the needs of the membership and that the full programme directly supports its community.
- Championing the ‘one Society’ approach and being a highly visible role model for all colleagues to support teamwork, integration and collaboration.
- Working closely with the Heads of other themes, and programme/activity leads within your theme to identify opportunities, ensuring alignment within and across themes.
- Managing a team of people and performance, coaching and empowering managers.
- Representing the Society externally, building suitable partnerships that can add value to the Society’s programmes and deliver tangible results through effective partnership working.
- Dealing with the management of budgets, e.g., actively seeking suitable additional income streams, reducing expenditure for the Society’s programme and reviewing existing programmes.
This is a highly desirable new role for an experienced STM publishing professional who is looking for a new challenge and would like to be part of an exciting new period for a highly respected scientific Society. You will be a team player with demonstrable experience of leading and coaching a team, and who has the potential to build relationships and the drive and vision to shape new, innovative and impactful programmes. You will have the ability to communicate clearly with expert members and professional colleagues to give the programmes the impact they deserve.
If you are looking for a role that you can shape and would enjoy working with scientific communities, and can bring programmes together, then please do get in touch.
This role offers a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits. For further information please send your CV and a short cover note, or please call us for a confidential conversation on 0207 048 6223.