Our client is a leading Academic publisher based in Central London. They are building an in-house User Experience team and are looking to hire a Head of User Experience (UX).
As Head of User Experience, you will work closely with the product and editorial teams to ensure products continue to be developed with UX at the central focus. Our client prides itself on delivering well designed platforms and products that are visually stunning and functionally very efficient and easy to use.
We are very interested in speaking to ambitious and driven candidates who are excited to move into an established business, with established products and develop an amazing team and UX function that will make a difference and help the business grow.
We are looking for someone who comes with a background in publishing and with the following experience:
- Significant demonstrated experience of managing user experience teams, preferably in an academic publishing context
- Stakeholder management skills
- Experience in managing freelancers, contractors and vendors
- Ability to understand the specific needs of a varied user base of students, scholars, librarians and practitioners in visual and applied arts, performing arts, humanities, social sciences, law and finance
- Passion for digital product development, with a proven record of delivering successful products and platform features
- Understanding of project management & development processes, including Agile methodology, and experience with standard tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience of gathering & interpreting web usage analytics
- Excellent implementation and time-management skills
- An excellent eye for detail and a logical, problem-solving approach
- A proactive, "can-do" attitude
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and visual)
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.