Head of PR and Marketing
Based in Cheltenham / remote working
The History Press is looking to add to its senior team with the creation of this new role, which will take responsibility for all PR and marketing activity. We’re a small, inclusive and creative team who believe passionately in the transformative nature of publishing. The role will play a crucial part in helping to build a vibrant new imprint, input into future business development, and continue to support our community of authors and readers with engaging new content and campaigns.
- Create and drive the PR, marketing and online strategy for the business and contribute to the overall strategic direction of the business.
- Work with the Publishing Director to develop the Flint brand for readers and within the trade.
- Initiate and execute lead title campaigns and develop stand-alone campaigns around wider themes, working collaboratively with Commissioning Editors from the earliest stages of acquisition.
- Direct and lead the business’s relationship with the media, nurturing relationships with broadcasters, the press and online influencers.
- Develop an effective internal communications plan to inform the wider business of PR and marketing objectives and activities.
We’re seeking a dynamic candidate with at least 5 years’ experience in a strategic role, working across a broad range of non-fiction titles. Established relationships with media contacts are a must; experience of brand development would be preferable, but is not essential. This is a role for someone who can see the bigger picture, but is not afraid to muck in to achieve results and help contribute to the evolution of the business.
Salary: Competitive + benefits
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 31 December 2020.