- Title: Marketing Assistant at The History Press
- Application closing date: Friday 4th February
- Employment type: Full-time, permanent
- Salary: £21–23k, dependent on experience
- Start date: ASAP
- Location: Hybrid with 2 days per week based at our office in central Cheltenham
The History Press, the UK’s largest dedicated history publisher, is looking for a resourceful Marketing Assistant to support promotional activity as part of a small, friendly team. This is a great opportunity for anyone with considerable intern experience or looking for a junior marketing role with room for development.
Home to critically acclaimed titles, such as Blood and Iron, Jeoffrey’s Cat and Reflections of Alan Turing, The History Press is also committed to shining a light on untold and under-represented stories. The successful candidate will work across key titles on our national list along with our dynamic non-fiction imprint, Flint Books.
Though based at our office in central Cheltenham, this will be a hybrid role requiring two days per week in the office. The role will require a strong team player with a flair for social media management, campaign planning, strong design skills and who is happy to take ownership of key administrative tasks.
- Contributing to campaign planning to ensure the widest possible coverage for national titles
- Working with colleagues and authors to support the company’s online and social media strategy by providing and curating content
- Designing branded collateral across social platforms and Amazon using Canva
- Briefing Design for marketing materials and providing copy
- Supporting the Head of PR & Marketing and Digital Marketing Manager with market research projects
- Arranging advance review copies and mailing as appropriate
The candidate will report to the Head of PR & Marketing and work alongside the Digital Marketing Manager and Campaigns Executive. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential, while proficiency with social media scheduling tools and Canva is strongly desired. Training will be provided for all in-house systems.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Cynthia Hamilton at: firstname.lastname@example.org