Senior Project Editor (National)
Fixed Term (12 months), full time
Company office in Cheltenham, with two days per week office based, the remaining days remote
The History Press is looking to add an enthusiastic, skilled Senior Project Editor to its National Editorial team. As Senior Project Editor (National), you will lead and be part of a small, inclusive and creative team that nurses diverse content and a broad range of titles from raw material to its final polished form.
The History Press is the UK’s largest dedicated history publisher, our content covering the exceptional people, places and events that have shaped our lives today. Through our titles, online content and via our vibrant non-fiction imprint, Flint Books, we are dedicated to keeping history alive and promoting strong, unique voices speaking on a wide range of topics.
The successful candidate will be part of the National Division and operate alongside the Editorial Manager, Senior Project Editor (New Editions), two Project Editors, other in-house departments and freelance workers.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the pre-press schedule for the National publishing division (80 titles per year), allocating work across the team
- Line management responsibility for two Project Editors
- Managing the schedules, work, quality and author relationships for front-list titles
- Preparing briefs for and liaising with freelance copyeditors and proofreaders
- Making sure all titles go to print in a timely manner and to budget
- Supporting the Editorial Manager in daily tasks
We’re seeking a dynamic, well-organised project manager with at least three years’ experience in editorial book publishing (preferably in trade non-fiction). A keen eye for detail is a must, as is a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; experience of Adobe Creative Suite is preferable but not essential. Training will be provided for all in-house systems.
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Chrissy McMorris, email@example.com
Closing date: 22 October 2021
The History Press, 97 St George’s Place, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL50 3QB