Marketing and PR Editor
A part-time role responsible for the social media, marketing and public relations of Ian Fleming Publications (IFPL). The role reports to the Managing Director and Publishing Manager and includes hands-on execution of all social media, from the day-to-day of the traditional online platforms and print media to exploring and exploiting new opportunities, as well as in-person events and bricks and mortar promotions. Monitoring budgets and working with external partners is essential, with the aim of serving the existing fanbase and growing it.
The Marketing and PR Editor’s responsibilities include:
- Creating and executing a marketing and PR strategy for the Ian Fleming brand overall as well as specific activations for individual books, milestones and anniversaries.
- Organising events, including liaising with authors, venues and suppliers.
- Working with retailers and fansites to spread the word about IFPL projects past, present and future.
- Working with retailers to promote book sales on launch and around key events.
- Day-to-day management of online social media, including but not limited to posts, competitions, quizzes, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and TikTok.
- Creating and where necessary commissioning regular features for the IFPL website.
- Exploring new ideas and new avenues for raising the profile of IFPL, Ian Fleming and his works.
- Working at all times within agreed parameters to communicate and advance the tone, style and legacy of IFPL.
- Utilising data and knowledge of GDPR.
- Answering enquiries and responding to fan emails.
- Creating campaigns for new book projects, both those generated from within IFPL plus third party products.
- Creating a lifespan for a book or product that goes beyond publication day – ensuring a long-time presence and keeping IFPL books current.
- Living and breathing Ian Fleming’s life and works, enabling new marketing and PR unrelated to new products, as well as seizing on opportunities in the wider culture to bring attention back to IFPL.
- Liaising with the film company and other partners over PR and marketing.
- Monitoring marketing spend.
Take charge of and be responsible for:
- Website content, suggesting improvements and implementing approved changes
- Producing new articles, games, features and other ways to engage fans.
- Working closely with trusted fansites on exclusives plus archival spotlights.
Skills and qualifications
- A 2:1 degree or better
- 3 + years of experience publishing and or brand management.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience in managing various social media platforms - Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok. Experience using social media scheduling tools.
- Graphic design skills with experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator; InDesign; Photoshop), online communications tools, and Office and Mac apps.
- Solid understanding of SEO is crucial.
- Experience in developing high-quality communications materials and knowledge of the latest communication platforms, tools, trends, and developments.
- Knowledge of different content formats - particularly digital formats - and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Excellent writing skills with proven experience of providing great copy.
- Experience in working as part of a creative team; briefing and working collaboratively with professional colleagues to deliver a work programme across different areas of responsibility.
- Proven ability to prioritise and organise own workload effectively and efficiently and meet deadlines.
- A robust, confident, can-do attitude and passion for the subject matter.
Closing date: 30th June 2022
Salary dependent on experience and on part-time vs full-time availability
Applications by CV with a covering letter stating experience and passion for the world of publishing and promoting a world-famous brand. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org