Closing date: 3rd November 2020
The International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) is a world-leading authority, whose researchers produce independent analysis to advance a wider understanding of global security, geo-economics and geopolitics.
The Institute is seeking to appoint an Editorial Assistant to join the publications team at its London headquarters.
- Fact-checking, copy-editing and proofreading IISS publications and reports to IISS House Style as required (including text, maps and graphics)
- Acting as graphics coordinator on IISS publications as required
- Administrative support for the Head of Publications and the Publications team as required
- Monitoring the IISS.org publishing inbox in order to answer publication queries
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree (minimum)
- At least 6 months’ previous experience editing and proofreading publications or online content (essential)
- Demonstrably keen eye for detail (essential)
- Keen to progress a career in publishing
- An interest in the commercial aspects of publishing
- An understanding of international affairs or global military issues (advantageous)
The IISS provides a full employment package. The benefits package at the Institute includes Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Bupa health cashback plan, Season Ticket Loan, Cyclescheme and Contributory Pension Scheme. More information about the IISS can be found at www.iiss.org.
Salary Range: £23,000 to £25,000 gross per annum depending on skills and experience.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter highlighting your experience and the skills you will bring to the IISS via our website: https://www.iiss.org/careers/jobs/2020/10/editorial-assistant.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we will be unable to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
The deadline for receipt of applications is Tuesday 3rd November (23:59hrs GMT).
Due to the volume of expected applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted. As part of the interview process there will be a short editing test.
The IISS is an equal opportunities employer.