Author Relations Manager
Who We Are:
We believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. Therefore, our mission is to discover hidden talents and turn them into globally successful authors. This is how we make it happen:
Inkitt is our self-publishing platform where anyone can upload and share their stories for free. We analyze our users' reading behavior with a unique algorithm to identify potential bestsellers, which we then license for our Galatea app. When licensed and published on Galatea, we enhance the author's vision, adding vibrations and sound to turn their stories into immersive experiences for our users. Currently, our most successful author is Sapir Englard, a 24-year-old author from Israel who uploaded her story to Inkitt in 2018 - her story is selling faster than Harry Potter on Galatea all around the world!
As an Author Relations Manager, your mission will be to make Galatea the most appealing publisher in the world for authors by creating & maintaining the conditions needed to attract the authors we are most interested in. You will also attract these authors to sign with us and manage healthy and mutually beneficial relationships with them.
- Sign numerous books each month and maintain a great relationship with the authors through regular contact.
- Evaluate the current satisfaction level of authors with the Galatea experience with a new poll. Identify the most impactful next steps.
- Connect with all existing Galatea authors personally/via a call to learn about their journey thus far as well as to learn more about them in general.
- Review our current onboarding process for authors, improve upon it and update it as appropriate. Prepare this onboarding process for scaling.
- Iterate on our contractual author offering while maximizing value for Inkitt and for the authors.
- Set up an effective process of identifying, removing, and tracking any relevant case on a regular basis in terms of author relations.
- Your ideal background would be 3+ years of experience from dealing and negotiating with authors as an Author Relations Manager or Publisher in a publishing house, a Literary Agent from an agency - or any other comparable role such as an "Artist Manager", "Account Manager", "Partner Manager", "Customer Success Manager" or "Customer Service Specialist", working with artists/authors.
- You are able to identify the best way to connect with varied styles of authors by focusing on a win-win approach. Stakeholder management and relationship building are simply said your key strength.
- As a great communicator and listener, you speak and write clearly as well as let others speak to understand their detailed viewpoints.
- You are an experienced negotiator with a strong ability to keep the business' best interests in mind.
- You are also the author's favorite supporter for their publishing journey. You give meaningful advice and ensure that the author's voice is heard in the company.
- Given the number of authors you will be managing, you are able to clearly prioritize and manage time so that work is execution-driven and focused on the most impactful tasks. You're also an efficient manager for budgets.
- You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions of a startup or a fast-paced environment.
What we offer
- A flat hierarchy in a fast working environment
- Regular team events, free fruit, and dinner in the office
- German language classes, Mental Wellness Program, Yoga, Pilates, Fitness & Cardio classes
- Sponsored cross-functional lunches and city-exploring events
- Your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- A flexible working policy and pat a pup time - we are a dog-friendly office
- An unlimited budget for books and unlimited credits for our Galatea App
- Weekly All-hands meetings and updates
- A very well-located office in the heart of Berlin Mitte
Does this sound like somewhere where you can make a lasting, positive impact? Then, apply now! We are looking forward to speaking with you!