Boydell & Brewer CEO
Inspired Search, the executive search division of Inspired Search & Selection, is delighted to be the exclusive partner to Boydell & Brewer on the Search for their next CEO. After a highly successful and transformative tenure as CEO, James Powell will be stepping away from full time senior management, presenting the opportunity for a new leader for the organisation.
Boydell & Brewer is an employee-owned academic publisher with presence in both the UK and US and publishes a wide range of academic and specialist titles with strengths in Medieval Studies, Early Modern and Modern History, Music, African, German and Hispanic & Lusophone studies.
The new CEO will continue the positive journey of the organisation, scaling up the global business through top-line growth. You will have strategic, managerial, financial, operational and governance responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Set and drive the strategic direction on a global level for the short, medium and long term, in line with the company’s statement of purpose
- Use the position as company leader to build the business profile and evangelise the services and products that the company offers to both the scholarly community and employers
- Direct and lead the management team, fostering collaboration and teamwork between departments and employees
- Lead the annual preparation of the budget, oversee the preparation of the annual report and accounts of the company and use product level profitability performance to inform decision making.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate and proper relationship between the companies, the board and the Employee Ownership Trust.
- Regularly review the efficacy and efficiency of all company software, systems and workflows.
Bringing together your in-depth knowledge of the HE library market and ability to deliver a commercial success in that market with your strong understanding of the operational running of an academic publishing business, you will lead sales growth and continue employee engagement. This is a fantastic opportunity to take an already thriving independent business to its next chapter.
The successful candidate will be in the Suffolk office for at least 3 days per week and be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
For more information and to apply for this position, please contact Search Director – Abigail Barclay – who is managing this process on: email@example.com / 020 3668 6727
Closing Date: 12th October
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.