A gorgeous interim role with a January start date has come up with one of our academic society clients for a Head of Scientific Programmes. This senior role will manage the team who deliver four key programmes all aimed at recognising excellence in science, ensuring all programmes meet expectations of quality and are run efficiently.
This is a crucial role in upholding the society's programs at the forefront of national excellence, ensuring their ongoing relevance, creativity, and significant impact on the scientific community.
The Interim Head of Scientific Programmes will be responsible for:
- Lead and support a team of 5, managing their development and professional growth
- Ensure high-quality delivery and improvement of programmes to meet the society objectives, whether in-person or virtual
- Contribute to programme review, strategic development, and support various governance committees
- Cultivate Fellowship relationships, aiding in program development and building trust among society officers and committees
- Collaborate on policy, strategy, and business planning with the Director
- Align programme activities with the society's strategic direction, collaborating across teams as needed
- Manage budget, ensure operational compliance, and develop evaluation methods for programme projects
- Engage extensively with internal and external colleagues for new ideas in programme development.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of how complex programmes are planned and run, from budgeting to stakeholder management, liaison with committees and day-to-day event planning.
Inspired Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.