Digital Marketing Manager
Joffe Books is looking for an experienced and creative Digital Marketing Manager to join our team. You will be responsible for leading our marketing strategy. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone currently working in a similar role with a passion for commercial fiction and a start-up mentality, who is looking for a bit more autonomy and make a real contribution.
Joffe Books is a leading independent publisher, specializing in crime fiction, with a wide-ranging international audience. We sold more than 2.8 million books last year and we’re looking to beat that record with your help. The role would deliver innovative and engaging marketing campaigns across our titles, from established bestsellers to promising debuts.
- Using the full marketing mix, including email marketing and social media
- Developing and monitoring digital advertising campaigns, using Facebook and Amazon ads among others
- Working alongside our digital marketing exec to create marketing campaigns for several books per week, including copy and visuals
- Working closely with the Joffe Books team and authors on marketing campaigns
- Scheduling, copywriting, data selection, editing, proofreading, analysis, reporting
- Planning global digital campaigns, particularly for the US market
- Oversee launches and evergreen funnel promotions
- Monitoring key competitor and market activity
- Managing email marketing (including planning, creating and sending emails) and multi-media content through creative planning
- Generating innovative ideas, especially developing and implementing strategies for building the mailing list
Experience / skills required:
- Previous digital marketing experience in the publishing industry, preferably on commercial fiction
- Previous experience of planning, implementing and measuring email campaigns; digital advertising campaigns and social media
- Proven success with CPC ad campaigns, especially on Facebook and AMS
- Excellent copywriting skills and the ability to distill a hook in a single sentence
- Creative data analysis
- A strong eye for design and experience creating ads (.gifs/.jpegs)
- Excellent attention to detail with very strong communication and organisational skills
- Proactive and resourceful with the ability to work independently
- A keen technological proficiency and interest in keeping up-to-date with the latest developments
This is a hands-on role, working at a granular level as well as on broad-strokes strategy and development.
This full-time position is based at the Joffe Books office in Shoreditch, London. When our offices re-open, it will be on a working pattern of a minimum 2 days office based/3 days home. If this sounds exciting, we would love to hear from you!
Joffe Books is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the varied communities that read our books across the world. We encourage applications from all individuals, regardless of age, religion, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality or social background.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your CV
- A 100-word blurb about you
- Examples of successful campaigns and marketing assets you have created and worked on, particularly across social media
- Job reference in the subject line ‘JB DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER’
Deadline: Wednesday 30 September 2021 (early applicants will be prioritised)
Contact: Emma Grundy Haigh