A prestigious society in Central London is looking for a Journal Development Editor to join their team. This is a great opportunity for an Assistant Editor/Editor with experience in journals looking for a step up. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this role is subject to temporary home-working. We can consider applications on a full time or part time (4 days per week, salary pro rata) basis.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing the publication process of a monthly scientific Journal and other ad hoc publishing projects
- Support the editorial team with the peer review process and liaise with authors
- Assist in the development and implementation of journal strategy
- Increase the quality of the journal by commissioning high level content
- Copyedit/proofread as needed and support the Editorial Board
What you’ll have:
- Editorial experience in journal publishing, STM or HSS
- Excellent editorial skills and ability to edit and proofread medical content
- Good knowledge of the peer review process
- A team player with the ability to multitask
Applications ASAP, please.
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Christina Dimitriadi
Tel: 020 3574 4428
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.