Are you looking to use your life science degree to start your editorial career within scientific publishing? We have a fantastic opportunity to join a London based publisher of highly regarded peer-reviewed journals, for the scientific and medical community. This is an ideal role for a graduate with a strong life science degree, interested in communicating science to the wider scientific audience, and will involve training in all aspects of developing a portfolio of journals.
Some of the Key responsibilities included within this role include:
▪ Gaining a strong understanding of journal aims and scope, plus article categories,
▪ Keeping up to date with research advances via appropriate news sites, conference programmes, discussing with Editorial Board members/subject experts and competitor analysis
▪ Prepare and deliver appropriate article acquisition strategies for each journal to meet and exceed publication targets
▪ Monitor Editorial Board member activity
▪ Identify key Subject Experts in centres of excellence of relevance to the journal
▪ Manage content pipeline to meet article publication targets and production deadlines
▪ Monitor progress of all on-going authors
▪ Act as point-of-contact for your journals for peer review outsourcing agent
This is a role where you will build and maintain your knowledge of research advances and will become a subject expert to ensure that cutting-edge, high-quality content is commissioned. You will build relationships with editorial board members and subject experts while curating journal social media accounts to engage with the scientific community. Training will be given in all aspects of this exciting position.
Keen to build your experience of scientific publishing, candidates must have a strong life science degree and an interest and desire to build your knowledge of relevant scientific subjects. You will have excellent organisational and time management skills in addition to first-class communication and relationship building skills, and a keen eye for detail.
You must be able to work under pressure sometimes and to deadlines. Work experience within journal publishing would be an advantage, but this is not essential as full training is offered. This position will be based in the company’s London office and has an excellent salary and benefits package.
For further details on this brilliant opportunity, please send your CV and brief covering letter.