Do you have strong editorial acumen and a scientific academic background? Our client, a not-for-profit federation based in Cambridge are looking for an Editorial Manager to manage an established, widely read journal, which sits within the first quartile of journals in its field. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic editor with good knowledge of the life sciences, particularly cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or a related discipline to progress their career in STM publishing.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with relevant stakeholders, including authors, referees and members of the editorial board
- Manage the journal manuscript pipeline
- Working with the Editor-In-Chief, implement initiatives and journal editorial policy
- Oversee editorial activities, including assigning manuscripts submitted to the journal to appropriate members of the editorial board
- Quality control of manuscripts accepted for publication
- Provide advice on manuscript-specific queries and ethical issues
- Take new issues of the journal to press ahead of deadline
- Monitor the journal's performance, reporting and feeding back to the team
- Line management of 2 junior editorial colleagues
Experience / skills required:
- Educated to PhD level or equivalent in structural or molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, immunology or a related discipline
- Previous editorial experience
- Experience in online manuscript submission systems
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Strong line management skills
- Excellent time management and project management experience
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
Contact: Stephanie Hall
Tel: 0203 574 4422
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.