Are you a project-oriented science graduate or have equivalent experience in engineering or physical sciences and are looking to develop a career in publishing? We have a fantastic new opportunity for two Journal Assistant's to join a leading European open access publisher and work in their London office. This is an exciting time to join this innovative and technology driven scientific publisher in a period of growth. This role will report to the Journal Manager and focuses on the launch of new journals or new sections and the establishment of new editorial boards.
- Support Journal Managers to prepare the launch of new journals/sections
- Provide support to build and manage high-profile academic Editorial Boards
- Build and maintain strong relationships with high-profile academics
- Identify high-profile researchers to be appointed to Chief Editor positions
- Assist with on-boarding of new Associate Editors and gather research proposals
- Help to identify new areas for growth to inform editorial and content acquisition
Experience / skills required:
- An academic background in science, especially in the field of Engineering or a Physical Sciences subject
- An interest in research publishing and some related experience in an academic or commercial publishing environment
- Strong project management and organisation skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- A proactive attitude and the ability to work independently on own initiative
- Able to digest large amounts of information and react effectively under pressure
- Excellent communication, with a decisive and tactful approach
- Solid IT skills including MS Office is essential
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Parissa Bagheri
Tel: 0203 574 4431
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.