A leading academic publisher is looking to recruit a publishing professional with some journal experience to join their journal editorial team on a 12-month fixed term contract. The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for the development of one of their high growth Open Access Journals portfolios, where you will develop and manage your own portfolio of open access journals and support best practice in OA. This role can be worked on a fully remote basis.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone who is keen to develop their journals experience and be responsible for managing portfolio P&L.
Some of the core responsibilities of the role will include but are not limited to:
- Creating and delivering a business plan to grow and maximise the profitability of your portfolio.
- Work closely with Editors, Editorial Boards and Societies to create opportunities for further acquisitions.
- Manage your portfolio P&L to an agreed level of revenue and profitability.
- Identify and network with new contacts.
- Manage the transition of acquired titles and publishing existing programme .
- Commissioning and acquiring new products to an agreed level of revenue and profitability.
This is a key position within the team and the successful person will have:
- Experience of managing a portfolio/list of journals to meet growth, ideally in a medical/healthcare subject
- Experience of working with Editors and Societies
- Strong networking and customer focus skills
- Strong industry and market awareness
- The ability to read and interpret financial data and deliver and maximise business results.
For further details please send your CV and a short cover note outlining your interest and salary expectations.