Are you looking to further your editorial career in scientific publishing? We are working with an established international publisher of scientific books and journals, who are now looking to hire a Journal Publishing Editor to develop their STEM portfolio.
Their office is in Central London, but they are open to consider hybrid and remote working arrangements.
The Journal Editor will be responsible for:
- Developing a portfolio of Open Access STEM journals through new launches and journal acquisitions
- Keeping abreast of latest research and trends to identify areas for special issues and approach guest editors
- Monitoring performance of allocated journals, collaborating with the rest of the editorial team to meet portfolio objectives
- Attending relevant conferences and events
- Maintaining quality control of editorial, production and publishing operations for own portfolio
This role requires a solid academic background in a scientific discipline, and some experience in STEM publishing, together with great relationship management skills and ability to work on multiple projects. If this sounds like you, get in touch to learn more!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.