We have a brilliant new role with a scientific membership charity in London, who are looking for a Journal Sales and Transformation Manager to drive conversion of journals business from a subscription model to a Read & Publish model. The role will be an initial 18-months contract, and will be responsible for advocating the new model to stakeholders, and working closely with the Journals Business Manager to ensure revenue targets are met.
- Managing the transition to the new model and securing buy-ins from customers and stakeholders, ensuring they all understand the society's move towards OA publishing
- Liaising with external stakeholders such as sales agents, consortium managers, sales representatives, librarian clients and Open Research managers
- Driving growth of Open Access sales and usage, looking at under-represented markets and managing agreements and licensing
- Creating pricing strategies for a portfolio of new and existing products, looking at data and publishing activity to make recommendations on pricing changes and proposing new agreements to customers
- Overseeing contractual relationships with sales agents worldwide, including identifying potential new markets and providing support materials to publishing representatives
- Managing sales operations including overseeing customer services, maintaining CRM records and managing high value subscribers
We are looking for a personable and market aware Sales/Subscriptions professional, with a strong foundation in scholarly publishing and Open Access models. Experience with transformative OA business models is desirable, as well as experience selling to library clients. This is an exciting time to be joining the society during a period of change and growth, and the successful candidate will demonstrate genuine enthusiasm in being part of this team and driving forward a new journal business model.
Inspired Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.