We have a brilliant new opportunity for a journals production candidate looking for their next step! Our client, a leading independent publisher of Academic journals, is looking for a Content Manager to be responsible for acting as primary contact for queries from high-level stakeholders and for monitoring supplier performance to ensure article quality and author/editor service for a list of journals.
Key responsibilities for the Content Manager role include:
- Overseeing all content aspects for the allocated list of journals
- Managing the transition of journals from PE management to supplier project management
- Ensuring individual articles are completed by external suppliers to the agreed quality and deadline
- Quality checking all content
- Monitoring progress on projects, reporting on key metrics and escalating to senior leadership team as appropriate
- Advising supplier managers on the services required by particular journals, such as specialist editing
- Defining the scope of department project requirements, goals and schedules, in accordance with agreed KPI's
- Creating streamlining possibilities for workflows as required, and liaise with Editorial, IT, and PTD to operate within a lean framework
This is the perfect role for candidates in a Production Editor role, or similar ideally within an Academic or STM journals team, who are looking to step up and take on more strategic responsibilities as a Content Manager.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.