A highly successful academic publisher is seeking to appoint a Journals Development Editor to provide editorial administrative support, manage an online submissions system for journal editors and oversee a portfolio of Humanities and Social Sciences journals.
- Compiling publishing reports, submitting journal proposals, updating bibliographic information
- Coordinating journal contracts and looking after permissions queries
- Overseeing peer-review process and submission system, and act as main point of contact for submission queries
- Developing the journal portfolio, working together with editorial boards and societies to plan strategic acquisitions and renewals of existing contracts
- Implement strategies to maximise discover ability, brand awareness and readership of the journals
- Maintaining relationships with boards and societies, and present publishing reports at yearly meetings
- Overseeing financial progress of the portfolio, assessing P&L of individual journals, aiming to improve profitability
- Collaborating with the Journals Marketing team to identify promotion and campaigns opportunities and provide feedback on general marketing activities.
This role will be covering a number of portfolio management, editorial, operations, and administrative duties, and it will suit a dynamic, hard-working and highly organised candidate.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
**Inspired Selection operates an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link (http://www.btbs.org/) to check eligibility and further support.