A highly successful STM publishing organisation is looking to recruit an experienced journals professional to support the Journals Editorial Production Manager and the editorial production team. This is initially a 12 month contract and will involve supervising a small team of editorial production staff. The role will also manage and undertake the peer review and production processes for your own list of journals.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising a small team of editorial production assistants in the day to day running of their journals, including day to day performance
- Support the team ensuring schedules and targets are met
- Work with management to look at ways of improving current systems and Best Practice to ensure workflows and procedures are efficient
- Be the point of contact for the team to help solve editorial/Technical issues
- Hold regular meetings with more junior staff and deal with queries/issues that arise, reporting these back to management
- Manage the journals peer review and production processes for your own list of journals, ensuring articles are peer reviewed and published within specified timeframes, budgets and quality.
- Support the introduction of new journals/conferences or other content including the integration into current peer review and production systems.
This is a highly interesting and varied editorial production role and would suit someone who is looking more responsibility and involvement in a role and the opportunity to supervise a small team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience in editorial/production, ideally from an STM journals background
- Experience of using industry standard peer review systems, CMS, File Manipulation etc.
- A high degree of literacy and numeracy skills, with strong attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- A systematic approach to maintaining information and excellent scheduling and time-management skills
If you would like further information on this role please forward your CV and a short cover note, outlining your salary expectations.