Are you looking for a new exciting role in academic publishing? We have a brilliant fully remote opportunity for a Journals Manager with the team of a prestigious academic publisher! If Peer Review and Journals Production are your key strengths, this could be the perfect next role for you!
The Journals Manager will be accountable for:
- Supporting article delivery and issue publication to agreed deadlines and quality goals
- Ensuring peer review and production processes run smoothly, and championing best practice within the international teams
- Leading the research of new peer review technologies and processes
- Managing ethics policies and issues around rights and permissions, collaborating with colleagues across Editorial and Research Integrity teams to better understand the needs from authors and editors
- Chairing internal workshops related to publication and journal management
To be successful in this role, you will need strong people management skills and a solid background in journals publishing (this can be from a humanities or a STM sector). We are looking for candidates who know the inner working of journal production and publication processes extremely well, including peer review and submission systems.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.