Do you have journals experience and looking to develop within a broader journals role? Would you like the responsibility of managing a subject specific journals portfolio?
Due to growth, a major global publisher is looking to recruit a Journal Portfolio Manager, to effectively manage a portfolio of journals for the Behavioural Science list, under the direction of the Global Head of Portfolio. This role is initially for a fixed term of 12 months. It is a highly interesting role for someone who may be an experienced journals Editorial Assistant or Assistant Editor looking for the next career move and more responsibility/autonomy.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Helping to create and deliver a business plan to grow and develop the profitability of your journals portfolio
- Foster long-term relationships with Societies to maintain and protect your portfolio, and create opportunities for future acquisitions.
- Maintain a strong external focus e.g. attending conferences, editorial board meetings etc. creating profile and relevant networks, in order to increase subject and customer knowledge and understanding.
- Manage the transition of acquired titles and publish existing programmes to agreed plan.
- Work closely with colleagues across the Journals Business to ensure timely publication
- Commission and acquire new products to an agreed level of revenue and profitability, under the direction of the Head of Portfolios.
This is a fabulous opportunity to increase your knowledge, level of responsibility and broaden your journals experience.
The successful person will have:
- Some Experience within journals publishing. You may already have some experience of managing a small portfolio of journals.
- Experience of working with Journals Societies
- The ability to adapt to new systems and websites
- Industry and market awareness
- Willingness to travel to and participate in external events
If you are looking for your next challenge in a forward-thinking organisation, please forward your CV, salary expectations and a short cover note and we will send you further details.
This role may also be based in the London office.