Are you an experienced journals professional, looking to broaden your experience with OA journals? Would you like the responsibility of managing a journals portfolio?
Due to consistent growth, a major global academic publisher is looking to recruit a number of Journal Portfolio Managers, to effectively manage, develop and launch a portfolio of Open Access journals, in the Life Sciences and Physical Sciences portfolio. Reporting directly to the Global Portfolio Director you will work at an advanced level to bring additional OA expertise and publishing flair to the team. These roles can be worked on a remote basis with the option of balanced working from the office post covid if desired.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating and delivering plans to grow, develop and maximise the profitability of Open Access journals within your portfolio
- Manage a journals portfolio to an agreed level of revenue and profitability
- Pro-actively manage the article pipeline to deliver against agreed service levels
- Develop new open access propositions based on strong market research and best practice approach
- Commission content, building a network of contacts and working with the Editorial team to deliver on commissioning plans
- Work closely with colleagues across the Journals Business to ensure timely publication
This is a fabulous opportunity to increase your knowledge, level of responsibility and broaden your OA journals experience.
The successful person will have:
- Experience within Open Access journals publishing, ideally within the subject areas of Life Science, Psychology and Physical Science related subjects. You may already have some experience of managing a small portfolio of journals.
- Some experience of managing a journals portfolio to meet business growth objectives/or equivalent
- Experience of interpreting and applying insight from data on submissions, accepts, rejects and other pipeline data
- Industry and market awareness
If you are looking for your next challenge in a forward-thinking organisation, please forward your CV, salary expectations and a short cover note and we will send you further details.