A global academic publishing company has an interesting and varied new role within the Humanities & Social Sciences team for a pro-active Journal Portfolio Manager. This role is currently an 18-month fixed term contract and can be based from home.
The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for managing a range of Art & Design journals within the Humanities, Media and Arts team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining long term relationships with Societies to create future opportunities
- Create and deliver a business plan to grow, develop the profitability of the journals
- Under the direction of the Global Head of Portfolio, you will manage the journals P&L
- Attend conferences, editorial board meetings, creating profile and relevant networks, to increase subject and customer knowledge and understanding
- Identify and network with new contacts
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who has the ability to manage a portfolio of journals to meet business growth objectives and ideally someone who has the ability to manage P&L of a journal list. You should be able to read and interpret appropriate financial data, as well as have experience of working with scholarly societies. You will be a self-starter with great communication and organizational skills. An interest or knowledge of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences would also be an advantage.
The role carries an attractive salary, bonus and excellent benefits package. To apply, please send your CV and a short cover note, outlining your interest and salary expectations.
This role closes on 5th August 2021