Are you an experienced journals professional, looking to broaden your experience with OA journals? We have two exciting new roles available for ambitious Open Access Portfolio Managers who have a passion and interest in driving OA growth.
Due to consistent growth, a major global academic publisher is looking to recruit two OA Journal Portfolio Managers, to effectively manage, develop and launch a portfolio of Open Access journals, in the Life Sciences and Physical Sciences portfolio. Reporting directly to the Global Portfolio Director you will work at an advanced level to bring additional OA expertise and publishing flair to the team. The roles offer a fantastic opportunity for candidates with a track-record of successfully developing a list of OA academic journals to take the next step in your career.
These roles can be worked on a fully remote basis if desired.
What you’ll be doing:
- Shaping and delivering plans to grow, develop and maximise the profitability of Open Access journals within your portfolio
- Manage a journals portfolio to an agreed level of revenue and profitability
- Pro-actively manage the article pipeline to deliver against agreed service levels
- Develop new open access propositions based on strong market research and best practice approach
- Commission content, building a network of contacts and working with the Editorial team to deliver on commissioning plans
- Work closely with colleagues across the Journals Business to ensure timely publication
This is a fabulous opportunity to increase your knowledge, level of responsibility and broaden your OA journals experience.
The successful person will have:
- Experience of successfully managing and developing a list of OA academic journals, ideally within the subject areas of Life Science, and Physical Science related subjects.
- Some experience of managing a journals portfolio to meet business growth objectives/or equivalent
- A good understanding of the drivers for successful OA Publishing
- A strategic mindset and approach to your work
- Ability to negotiate and influence
These roles carry a very attractive salary, bonus and excellent company benefits. If you are looking for your next challenge in a forward-thinking Open Research environment please forward your CV, salary expectations and a short cover note and we will send you further details.