Are you looking to start your career in book publishing design? We are looking for an enthusiastic Junior Designer to join a trade publisher in Northampton, working on their Children’s books team. This is a maternity cover contract for a period of 1 year starting in June 2019. This an excellent opportunity for a creative, proactive team player looking to start their career as a Designer in book publishing.
- Assist with the project management of a range of books, from book cover design to layout
- Commission illustrators for new projects
- Liaise with third-party contributors, ensuring that all projects adhere to the house-style
- Ensuring that all files are created in line with the required technical accuracy and design quality levels
- Work to set deadlines, making sure that final files are supplied on time.
- Excellent understanding of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Good understanding of the design process
- Prior design experience in book publishing highly advantageous
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to
Contact: Faye Jones
Tel: 01865 339 529
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.