Are you dreaming of a designer career in publishing? We have an amazing entry-level position to join the Adult team at a fast-growing mass-market publisher based in Northamptonshire.
As a Junior Designer, you will be responsible for managing book design projects and assisting with creative directions to ensuring the highest design quality is achieved.
- Researching new design artists for new projects and manage the commissioning process
- Coordinating book design projects following creative briefs and style guidelines
- Ensuring files follow the correct workflow for design approval
- Taking care of art editing, researching and briefing for a wide range of book design projects
- Coordinating with external contributors, including artists, illustrators, packagers, and other freelance agents.
This role will suit someone who's an excellent team-player and a creative problem solver. The role involves use of creative platforms, and a good knowledge of InDesign is desirable.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
**Inspired Selection operates an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link (http://www.btbs.org/) to check eligibility and further support.