We have an amazing role for a Junior Editor to join a highly respected professional membership body in the nautical sector. This will be based in the team's offices on the South Coast on a hybrid basis, with three days a week in the office, and two days working from home. The Junior Editor will support the publications department, supporting the editorial team with reprints and new edition work for print and digital content.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the Editorial team to maintain the publications list through the production and publishing of reprints; new editions and new titles
- Ensure all content is correct and legally accurate and ensure publications reflect inclusivity and diversity guidelines
- Collate and make amendments for reprints using Adobe InDesign
- Work with the Digital Editor to help digitise new titles and editions and make amendments to eBooks where required
- Write alt-text for images and illustrations in line with the team's accessibility standards
- Work with the wider editorial team to support on print and digital editorial projects where needed
The successful candidate will have a proven interest in publishing, with some experience in an editorial role. Experience in Adobe InDesign is essential, as well as basic Photoshop experience. You will have a superb attention to detail, fantastic writing and editing skills and the ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects at one time. This is a brilliant opportunity to join a highly prestigious organisation for someone looking for their first or second editorial role!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.