A leading international non-profit medical publisher seeks an enthusiastic Junior Production Editor to join their hard-working and vibrant team in a beautiful London office. This role will report into the Senior Production Editor and assist with the publishing process of journals and digital content.
- Supporting the publishing team in the planning and production of journals and publication
- Assisting with the transition to a new open access journal and overseeing all stages of the editing process through the online system
- Ensuring all corrections have been made accurately at each stage of the publishing process and that consistency with the house style is being respected
- Editing and uploading supplementary material across websites
- Attending meetings with Production
You should be able to work effectively, with a positive approach, both independently and as part of a team. Experience of copyediting and proofreading, liaising with freelance suppliers and the ability to keep multiple projects on schedule and to budget at any one time would be ideal. Flexible and confident, you will be able to work in a small team ensuring material is precise and relevant at every part of the editorial and print schedules.
Candidates must have an eye for detail, excellent communication and administration skills, and should be confident on Word and Excel packages. An understanding of journal publishing and open access platforms, and an interest in life sciences would be advantageous.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
**Inspired Selection operates an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link (http://www.btbs.org/) to check eligibility and further support.