A highly respected academic book and journal publisher is looking to recruit a dynamic, pro-active Key Account Manager to join their busy, friendly Sales & Marketing team to take responsibility for a number of their major accounts and developing subscription sales. This is a new role which has the potential to develop and grow within the organization and will give the successful person the opportunity to carve out a definite career path. The Key Account Manager will aim to maximise their subscription renewals whilst developing opportunities for new subscribers.
Some of the Key responsibilities will include:
- Actively managing existing subscriptions to maximise renewal rates
- Identify potential new subscribers and convert to actual subscribers
- Monitor library-focused metrics
- Negotiate agreements with consortia and libraries at a national level
- Support consortia sales deals with third parties, providing information as required
- Introduce and sell institutional Open Access memberships
- Develop e-book deals with third parties
- Monitor and report on external market trends and developments
This is an exciting new role where you will engage librarians and end users. The successful person will ideally have proven key account management experience from a similar journal or academic books background. Experience of subscription and consortia sales systems would be an added bonus. You will be someone who is able to work collaboratively in a team, networking and building relationships as well as the ability to influence, negotiate and persuade.
This role carries an attractive salary and benefits package. For further details please send your CV outlining your salary expectations.