We have a fantastic opportunity for a proactive and approachable Sales professional with a genuine interest in scientific publishing and Open Access! Our client, a brilliant society publisher of STM journals and books, is looking to appoint an a Key Account Manager in a newly created role, to look after existing and potential new institutional subscribers to their OA portfolio.
Working closely with a Sales & Marketing team, this role will be responsible for:
- Maximising renewals of existing Subscribe To Open customers, and providing excellent care and account management to institutional clients
- Identifying new opportunities and convert new subscribers, using analytics, library-focused metrics and usage data to understand and approach new leads
- Negotiating annual and multi-year publishing agreements with UK consortia and libraries
- Monitoring market trends and reporting to the society's publishing strategy
- Collaborating with the Customer Marketing team to look after multi-journal subscription renewals and multi-site licences
- Presenting and selling institutional OA memberships
- Developing e-book deals with external partners
The ideal candidate for this role will have a good understanding of publishing models and OA, preferably within an Academic/STM environment. They will need to be analytical and be able to interpret market insights to create sales and business development strategies, and also be approachable and confident talking to clients. This person will be happy to be consultative in their client management, and think outside the box to ideate new business development strategies, in line with the society's mission, values and growth targets.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.