A rare and exciting opportunity for a commercially minded, ambitious and talented sales professional to lead the sales operations for Knights Of’s growing, award-winning children’s list. The successful candidate will join our small, passionate team as Sales Manager on a full-time basis, working remotely as well as in our London office.
The role of Sales Manager is to manage and grow sales of the Knights Of list and work alongside our partners in trade sales: Bounce Sales and Marketing, international rights: ILA, and North American rights: New Leaf Literary.
It is a core role which combines direct customer-relationships, partner communication and market-management, with support and strategic management responsibilities.
The Sales Manager reports to the Managing Director and will be the leading light in continuing to establish sales and marketing for Knights Of.
We are a small, close team and value not just the experience and creative input, but the community element that we each bring to the environment we share.
- Responsible for liaising with sales partners BOUNCE at home, export and international rights partners, including relevant international sales trips
- Working with the full Knights Of team to deliver a sales growth strategy across all territories
- Responsibility for handling orders, providing information and sales material, devising and assisting with promotional opportunities
- Liaising closely with the team to ensure maximum sales from first acquisition to sell-through (including building print runs)
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent sales and presentation skills
- Very good organizational and management ability, creative flair, excellent communication skills and an enthusiastic self-starter
- Previous experience in a sales environment, in a publishing company, of at least two years
- Ability to constantly prioritise in a busy environment
- A keen interest in children’s books and young fiction
The successful candidate will have the right to live and work in the UK.
£27,500 — £30,000 + bonus
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your CV, accompanied by not more than 500 words on what you think you could contribute to Knights Of, both personally and as leading our sales strategy. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “SALES MANAGER”
February 17th 2021