Full Time / Salary £30,000
Knights Of is an award-winning independent children’s publisher looking for a creative, committed, talented and flexible Senior Designer to work across our list.
Design is central to our vision and we have continually challenged expectations on what inclusive and bestselling commercial publishing can look like. A core tenet to our approach is finding talent; working with experienced and new illustrators and growing creative relationships. We are keen to find someone with experience of collaborating with illustrators, editors, production and printers.
A love and knowledge of inclusive children’s books is essential.
With a focus on innovation, and building on what has come before in the market, you will have a passion for design, especially in children’s books, and a desire to uncover the best illustration talents from as wide a space as possible.
As well as leading on a variety of book projects, you will be helping to manage junior designers. Training and sharing knowledge with colleagues and ensuring there is a path for them to learn is a priority across the company.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Making original, engaging and commercial books, in close collaboration with the editorial team
- Finding illustrators and working with them to deliver work to the highest standard
- Creating outstanding and iconic cover designs that resonate with target audiences
- Managing the print process of titles, from concept to final completion
- Typesetting manuscripts, and creating full book files across both illustrated and non-illustrated titles
- Managing the workflow of files with freelance teams, as well as co-edition partners
• Highly Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and Acrobat
• Confidence to communicate visual opinions and ideas within the wider team
• Ability and flexibility to prioritise and multitask effectively
• Independent and able to manage your workload and deadlines
• Strong written and spoken communication skills
• Keen to work in a small, mission-led team focused on inclusive children’s books is essential.
The closing date for applications is 10 JUNE 2022
Applications with a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org