A highly successful publisher of print and digital books and videos for the information technology industry has an exciting role for a Knowledge Engineer to help design, build and maintain the information systems that will enable them to deliver novel functionality, to help their users achieve their professional objectives.
This is a new role in a young business unit, so you will have the opportunity to play a part in shaping the approaches the company take and the tools they use. This role will be worked on a remote basis.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Develop, maintain and extend scripts for indexing company content
* Develop and maintain index and metadata databases, taxonomies and other information resources
* Devise and implement prototype and production mechanisms for exploiting a rich content taxonomy to deliver value for the organisation’s thousands of users
* Investigate new approaches, including ontologies and graph databases, to help the company realize its vision of supporting developers by growing their tech knowledge
* Work with other technology colleagues to improve company content infrastructure and ensure it meets the needs of the online platform
What you need to have:
* A background in artificial intelligence, data science, computer science or similar
* Knowledge of indexing and information retrieval fundamentals
* Solid experience with relational databases, and exposure to graph databases, taxonomies, ontologies, and/or knowledge graphs
* Interest in, and ideally some familiarity with, NLP and AI techniques
* Strong coding ability, e.g., using Python
You will be inventive and pragmatic, and comfortable working in a fast-paced commercial environment. You will have a proven ability to develop practical solutions to challenging computational problems.
For further information, please send your CV along with a short cover note outlining your interest and salary expectations.