Senior Editor, Children’s Books
Laurence King Publishing (LKP) has an unrivalled reputation for producing high quality, innovative and beautiful books and gifts. Our Children’s division publish a carefully curated list of titles to feed the imagination, inspire curiosity and encourage children to engage with the world around them. We make books with a focus on outstanding illustration, innovative design and original content.
We are looking for a creative and dynamic senior editor, with a focus on development, to join our small, dedicated team and support us in expanding our flourishing publishing programme. This is a rare and exciting opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge in a non-corporate and highly creative publishing environment.
- Reporting to the head of children’s books, you will work across our full children’s list, including illustrated non-fiction, activity and puzzle, early years and narrative non-fiction picture books.
- You will support the head of children’s books and the commissioning and development editor in the shaping of new ideas and projects at various stages.
- You will be responsible for seeing titles through the full LKP Children’s editorial process, from conception to publication, including commissioning text and illustrations; development and structural editing, copy-editing and proofreading; briefing authors, illustrators and designers.
- You will work side-by-side with LKP’s wider teams, including Sales, Production and Marketing and Publicity, and be the main point of contact for your books.
- You will be a creative, dynamic individual who is passionate about and has experience in the children’s illustrated non-fiction and activity book market
- You will have with a minimum of 3-5 years’ children’s editorial experience
- You will have some experience in the development of new ideas
- You will have a strong visual eye
- You will be an excellent communicator, savvy problem solver and outgoing team player
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is desired but not essential
How to apply
If you think your experience is the right fit for this role, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 4th September 2020