Publishing Assistant Skills Coach - Apprenticeships
We have a fantastic opportunity for a skills coach to genuinely change young people’s lives, by coordinating and delivering our publishing assistant apprenticeship. If you want to take the next step in your career as a Publishing Assistant Skills Coach and join a fast-growing and friendly apprenticeship company this is the job for you.
It’s an exciting time for LDN Apprenticeships. Founded back in 2010, we are launching several new apprenticeships and making huge improvements to our technology, our learning content and our delivery model. At the same time, we are working hard to engage with an even wider variety of candidates from entry level to career changers. We’re growing our delivery team and looking for a skills coach who will be play an integral part in guiding individuals through their vocational publishing assistant programme.
We are the only provider of Level 3 Publishing Assistant Apprenticeships in the country and our ground breaking programme is the first of its kind for anyone wishing to have a career in the publishing industry.
We provide apprenticeships throughout the UK and have recently been awarded Ofsted Outstanding Provider, being rated as one of the top independent apprenticeship providers. Our people are key to our success, and we have created a unique high-performance culture that is supportive, inclusive and empowers our team to take ownership for their work. As an employer we are rated excellent on Glassdoor.
If you join LDN Apprenticeships, you’ll have the opportunity to change people’s lives for the better, one person and one business at a time. Our purpose is at the heart of everything we do, so if doing good is as important to you as building a successful commercial business, then look no further.
As a Publishing Assistant Skills Coach, you will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of our Publishing Assistant Apprenticeship. You will also:
- Support our apprentices to achieve their potential at work and gain the publishing assistant apprenticeship, through appropriate induction, coaching, on-going support and assessment, and preparation for End Point Assessment.
- Course Development – help review and update the online content we have created for our Publishing Assistant apprenticeship.
- Use our Learning Management Systems and other tools to ensure that apprentices receive timely and constructive feedback
- Live Session Delivery - host regular (at least monthly) planned live sessions for your apprentices where they are able to ask questions, get help with particular topics and work together in groups on their apprenticeship.
- Masterclasses - be involved in coordinating the quarterly masterclasses in partnership with our employers and other contributors including line managers and industry experts.
- Relationship Management - build strong and lasting relationships with each of the apprentices and employers you support.
- #DoAwesome - Bringing your unique brand of Energy, Enthusiasm, Willingness to Learn, Ability to take Feedback and Propensity to take action to each of the relationships you form in your job.
To join us as a Publishing Assistant Skills Coach, you will need to:
- Have recent and broad experience working in the publishing industry and you wish to share your knowledge with the next generation of publishing professionals.
- Hold or be willing to work towards the Level 3 qualification in Education and Training
- Have knowledge of apprenticeships standards and End Point Assessment
- Have experience of either teaching or coaching and a keen interest in developing others.
- Have the ability to build strong and lasting relationships with learners and employers, helping them to find practical and mutually beneficial solutions to problems.
- Be a people-person who enjoys learning and growing, personally and professionally.
- Be passionate about helping people to start their careers at amazing companies and this inspires you to deliver the best training possible.
- Be comfortable with change and help us to develop our processes to maximise the opportunities that our learners need to succeed.
- Communicate effectively with people at all levels from apprentices to the CEO, and do so with compassion, maturity and professionalism.
- Be flexible and understand the balance between being commercial and being compassionate.
We offer some cool benefits, which we think you might like:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (the company is closed for 1 week over Christmas, and you will need to allocate 3 days for this)
- Extra days holiday for every year of service up to 3 years
- Home working/ Flexible working (you will be expected to come into the office min once a month)
- Monthly team breakfasts alongside strategy updates and team briefings
- Receive a Company Apple MacBook
- Workplace pension with 3% contribution
- Buy and sell holidays through salary sacrifice
- Funky head office near Vauxhall/ Stockwell with Free tea and coffee
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Quarterly prizes for top performers in the business
- Regular social events including Summer and Christmas parties
In addition to these great benefits, we also provide you with on-going training/ development and as a growing business the opportunity for career progression.
We care deeply about our apprentices and the companies that support them and everything we do revolves around improving the experience that they have with us. Our values underpin everything we do and our people are expected to be:
- Resourceful and they get things done
- Helpful, approachable and inclusive
- Flexible and Resilient
- Curious and they take initiative
- Humbly confident
Where we’re headed
LDN Apprenticeships has ambitious plans for growth over the next five years and we’re recruiting awesome people to join our diverse and vibrant team.
By 2025, we’re on a mission to:
- Create 10 new industry-specific apprenticeship pathways
- Kickstart the careers of 3,000 apprentices
- Prove our model and test it in one overseas market
Contract length: Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £35,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
Schedule: Monday to Friday (Home/ Flexible Working - in the office minimum of 1 day per month)
Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply.
We regret that we are unable to reply to each applicant; therefore, if you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application for this post you should assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
You might also have experience as a Publishing Tutor, Publishing Coach, Publisher Trainer, Publishing Manager, Publishing Supervisor.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Publishing Assistant Skills Coach, please apply via the button shown.