Do you have experience of developing, editing, and writing text-based learning materials for a variety of channels, e.g. print and online. Do you have experience of copy editing and proofreading documents on screen? Would you like to work for a prestigious professional educational Institute?
Our client, an educational body for professional qualifications, is looking to recruit a Learning Content Editor, initially for a 6-month fixed term contract, to work on a range of learning resources across their business areas. This is an exciting role, where the Learning Content Editor will work closely with subject matter experts and learning technologists to edit, develop, update and/or repurpose content for online and printed products. This role can be based from home but will be UK based, but may require attendance at some meetings when necessary.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Providing guidance to subject matter experts for content production Build on SMS’s knowledge, employing ‘ghost writing’ techniques where appropriate to deliver effective learning materials
- Work closely with the Learning Technologists and Subject Matter Expert to develop a clear plan that details content requirements
- Critically assess draft content and consolidate feedback from other stakeholders
- Copyedit the content and make ready for production, including, correcting grammatical errors, syntax, punctuation and flow
- Liaise with the wider team to ensure that the qualifications are ready for launch
The successful person will have:
- Solid copyediting and proofreading skills, including the ability to simplify technical content and knowledge of standard editorial processes
- The ability to assess suitability of content for its intended audience and reshape it where necessary
- Experience of developing learning materials for a variety of channels, e.g. print, online
- An understanding of the requirements for effective online learning
- A willingness to work collaboratively and establish good working relationships
- Strong project management skills
- A knowledge/experience of the education sector (desirable)
This role is available now and for further details please send your CV and a short covering letter outlining your salary expectations and availability.