One of the world’s largest education services companies is looking for a Learning Design Consultant to join their HE Service Delivery team to lead the learning design process for online and blended learning projects with HE institutions.
Reporting to the Head of Academic Services, the Consultant will support the whole design lifecycle from pre-contract scoping through to scaled delivery of online/blended programmes, and the main responsibilities include:
- Managing the scoping, planning and implementation of the design phases
- Analysing client needs and instructional objectives to determine methods of learning design
- Ensuring the provision of course development service aligns with commercial/strategic goals
- Establishing mutually agreed standards, guidelines, and templates for course design
- Ensuring appropriate governance and project management processes are established
- Presenting course design solutions to both current and potential clients
- Analysing and applying trends in learning technologies to support academic programmes
- Designing and developing curriculum, assessments, and technical prototypes
- Leading on needs analysis, instructional design and delivery, assessment, and evaluation
- Researching, implementing, and leading emerging technology initiatives
- Establishing a strong network of trusted freelance instructional designers
- Coaching and developing instructional designers, reviewing all storyboards/content
- Supporting the transfer of instructional design plans to key stakeholders/departments.
The successful candidate will have significant experience designing and developing instructor-led and self-study online/blended learning programmes within higher and/or professional education. You may have a Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Learning, Technology and Instruction, or a related field or have the equivalent years of education and successful work experience with appropriate certification. You will have a strong grasp of pedagogical learning principles and have the ability to transform complex information into professionally designed, and effective programmes. You will be able to work on multiple projects, have excellent leadership and interpersonal skills and have solid planning and management skills. A willingness to travel is essential.
You will be rewarded with a competitive Salary, a performance-related bonus, and strong benefits.
To apply for this position, click on the Apply Now button below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference TP 378. For an initial, confidential discussion please call on 01223632510.
Early applications are preferred.
Referral Scheme - Telfer Partners offer a referral reward if we fill this vacancy with someone you recommend. You can send us contact details of anyone you want to recommend to email@example.com.