Business Development Manager
We are looking for a talented and creative individual to take a lead in growing and developing the wholesale side of The Literary Gift Company. Our range of own-branded book-related gifts forms a strong foundation for our successful retail websites, and we are eager to expand its availability on the high street.
This is a new post and it presents the opportunity for a commercially driven and highly motivated candidate to help develop and define the role. This is a part-time vacancy (around 20-25 hours per week) with the potential to grow into a full-time job. Our offices are based in Reading and this role could be office-based or carried out remotely. There would be an expectation that (when safe) the jobholder would be in the office at least one day per month. The Literary Gift Company supports flexible working, especially for parents and carers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maximising profitability
- Helping to develop a long-term strategy
- Raising the profile of our brand within the book trade and beyond
- Being the main point of contact for customers, and ensuring that orders and enquiries are dealt with efficiently and professionally
- Working with existing customers to help grow sales
- Growing our customer base, and identifying new opportunities
- Building strong and responsive relationships with customers
- Improving the functionality of the wholesale (Shopify) website
- Improving invoicing systems
- Analysing data and using it effectively
- Managing budgets
- Creating systems to measure and report KPIs
- Contributing to product development
- Helping to develop packaging and POS solutions that are environmentally sound and meet the needs of our customers
The right candidate will be somebody who:
- Takes initiative
- Is focused
- Thinks creatively
- Is a good communicator
- Is passionate about the book trade
- Has sales experience
- Is highly organised
- Has the right to live and work in the UK
£28,000 - £32,000 pro rata (dependant on experience) + bonus.
How to apply:
Please send a CV and a covering letter outlining any relevant experience and skills along with details indicating your current (or most recent) salary level to email@example.com.
28th February 2021