Little Tiger 5+ Editorial Assistant
Little Tiger is an award-winning publisher of fiction and non-fiction children’s books for all ages. The 5+ team works across highly-illustrated chapter books, Middle Grade and Young Adult books. Although mostly focused on fiction they also publish some non-fiction and novelty. They are currently looking for a highly organised and creative Editorial Assistant to join their team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Copyediting and proofreading titles
- Working towards managing projects through from manuscript to publication
- Reading and assessing submissions
- Writing copy for sales and marketing material and for book covers
- Managing schedules and preparing files for reprints and catalogues
- Supporting the department with key administrative tasks
The successful candidate will have:
- A specific interest in the children’s book industry – work experience desirable but not essential
- Meticulous copyediting and proofreading skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A keen eye for detail and superb organisational skills
- A passion for children's books and an awareness of the market
- Sound computer literacy and an ability to pick up new systems and programmes
This is an exciting role that you can make your own. If you have a passion for children's books and the skills required, we would love to hear from you.
This is a full-time role based in our office in Fulham. We operate hybrid working with a minimum of three days a week in the office and up to two days a week working from home. The starting salary is £23,000. Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your interest in Little Tiger and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 27th January.