Lifestyle Non-Fiction Brand Specialist
£43,000+ dependent on experience
London or regional
Piatkus is part of the PCR division, which combines four successful imprints, Piatkus, Constable, Robinson and The Bridge Street Press, within Little, Brown Book Group, four-time winner of the Publisher of the Year award.
Nominated for Imprint of the Year at the 2020 British Book Awards, Piatkus has been introducing readers to life-changing new ideas for over forty years. Today we are home to a rich and varied list of wellness and lifestyle titles written by experts who have something unique to say about living well and achieving success in all areas of life.
Piatkus’ leading non-fiction lifestyle list covers the areas of health, mind, body and spirit, self-help, business, personal development, parenting, popular psychology and all the topics that interest people in their daily lives. Recent top ten bestsellers include No Such Thing as Naughty by Kate Silverton, You’ve Got This by Louise Redknapp and Know Your Worth by Anna Mathur.
Every book we publish is intended to inspire, inform, guide and support readers in making the changes that will help them to live better lives and we excel in publishing international authorities and experts in their fields. Our bestselling authors include Professor Mark Williams and Dr Danny Penman, the authors of the 1 million copy bestseller Mindfulness, leading gynaecologist Dr Jen Gunter, parenting expert Sarah Ockwell-Smith, and business authors David Allen and Cal Newport.
What you’ll be doing
This is a newly created senior role, offering the chance to be transformative in our lifestyle publishing. As an established lifestyle expert, you will set and drive our marketing and publicity strategy for key headline titles, and work closely with the publisher on category growth plans and author acquisition.
Who we are looking for
- We’re looking for someone with proven senior level marketing and/or publicity experience within the lifestyle area, ideally within books but this isn’t essential. What is essential is a deep knowledge and love of all things lifestyle, along with a strong sense of commercial awareness and ability for strategic thinking. A confident self-starter, you will have a strong network of relevant media contacts, brands, booking agents, event organisers and influencers, and a clear understanding of key sales drivers for lifestyle titles.
- Deliver high-impact campaigns with strong ROI for lead titles on the list to create bestsellers
- Work with the publisher on growth strategy for the health and lifestyle category at LBBG
- Brand building that will extend to promotion of backlist titles and year-round opportunities for authors
- Create effective, innovative pitches to acquire new authors
- Maintain and build a strong network of champions for our books across the media, brand partners, podcasters and social media influencers that will maximise opportunities for high-impact coverage
- Accountable for the marketing and publicity spend on allocated titles - ensure that budgets are used effectively
- Work closely with editorial on staying ahead of trends and market positioning of books on the list
- Evaluate and report on campaign activity and results
- Seek out opportunities for strategic partnerships to raise the profile of the division and drive sales
- Maximise opportunities for author/contributor events
- Look beyond traditional book marketing and publicity for innovative opportunities
What we offer
Our staff are our greatest asset and our benefits reflect this. In addition to 25 days annual leave days per year + bank holidays, we have an extensive list of benefits that include: a wide-ranging training library, development programmes including mentoring, Cycle to Work vouchers, Private Medical Insurance, eye care vouchers, up to 70% off book purchases, a charity book shelf, 2 volunteer days per year to use at your charity of choice, many employee networks to join, delicious subsidized canteen food, summer hours (finishing at 1pm on Fridays during the summer months!), season ticket loans, rent deposit loans, generous pension schemes and much more!
The role will begin working from home due to ongoing Covid19 restrictions, but once normality resumes this role will be based at our London office, Carmelite House, with a blend of in-office (3 days) and homeworking (2 days) per week.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.
The Book Trade Charity offers financial support to people looking to enter the book trade but who may struggle to afford the costs of attending interviews and undertaking junior roles. For more information visit www.booktradeentrysupport.org