Artworker - Children’s Books
Company: Little Tiger Press
Location: London, UK
Salary Description: Competitive
Closing date: 8th December 2020
Little Tiger Press is a busy, vibrant publisher of award-winning children’s picture, board and novelty books. We are looking for an artworker to join our team of talented designers. Candidates must be proficient in InDesign and Photoshop, and have at least 2 years’ experience within the design industry, preferably within the field of children’s books. You will be responsible for preparing files of new titles for production, plus reworking the original editions of our books to produce new formats, reprints, and editions for multiple clients. You will be working closely with design, editorial and production colleagues – both in-house and remote – checking proof material, answering printer queries, maintaining accurate logs and archiving. Other tasks will involve designing eye-catching and clever adverts for marketing, preparing images for sales and publicity material, and supporting the work of the design team.
You will be:
- a methodical, quick and organised worker, happy to juggle a busy workload and meet tight deadlines
- a friendly and approachable team player with excellent communication skills
- creative, while able to work accurately to a brief, with a keen eye for detail
- excellent at maintaining good housekeeping and file management, with good knowledge in print ready file setup
- proficient in novelty mechanical guides, such as flaps, dielines, etc.
Mail your CV and covering letter, stating your current salary, to: email@example.com with the subject header ‘Artworker LTG’, by 8th December. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Little Tiger Group is committed to employing individuals from varied and diverse backgrounds in order to build a team which reflects the different communities of our readers. We employ people based on their abilities, regardless of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality or socio-economic background.