Assistant Editor Role
Little Tiger is an award-winning publisher of fiction and non-fiction children’s books for all ages. The 5+ team works across highly-illustrated chapter books, Middle Grade and Young Adult books. Although mostly focused on fiction they also publish some non-fiction and novelty. They are currently looking for a creative and highly organised Assistant Editor to join their editorial team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Copyediting and proofreading titles
- Managing projects through from manuscript to publication
- Assessing submissions
- Writing copy for Title Information sheets and for book covers
- Generating book ideas to be pitched at concept meetings
- Supporting the department with key administrative tasks
The successful candidate will have:
- At least two years’ experience in the children’s book industry
- Meticulous copyediting and proofreading skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A keen eye for detail and superb organisational skills
- A passion for children's books and an awareness of the market
- Working knowledge of InDesign and Word
This is an exciting role that you can make your own. If you have a passion for children's books and the skills required, we would love to hear from you.
This is a full-time role based in our office in Fulham, London. Salary is available on request. Please forward your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 19th October.