Contracts and Royalties Executive
Location: Hybrid working, based in London
Type: Full time, permanent
Salary Description: Competitive
Closing date: 1st December 2022
Little Tiger Press is a vibrant, award-winning publisher of children’s books. We work with a diverse range of exciting and talented authors and illustrators, creating books that have something important to offer every child – inspiration, ideas, and a lifelong joy in reading. Our business is internationally-focussed, innovative, dynamic and collaborative, celebrating excellence and encouraging personal growth and a strong culture of teamwork, both within our offices and externally with our global partners and customers.
We are seeking an experienced and commercially minded Contracts and Royalties Executive to take on a pivotal role, supporting our publisher and rights teams in managing royalties, plus negotiating and drafting contracts. You will work closely with our in-house teams, and also with authors, illustrators, agents and international customers. The role is ideally suited to a candidate from a literary agency or publishing background, with three years of experience. You’ll be passionate about all aspects of publishing, and excited by the opportunity to develop your responsibilities and experience.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating:
- for the International Rights team: agreements for co-edition and licence deals, renewals, and addenda for translated editions; and
- for the Commissioning Editors: author and contributor contracts and addenda;
- Managing Rights contract renewals; and
- Managing and processing Rights incoming royalty payments.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with online piracy and copyright infringements;
- Managing permissions; and
- Supporting the publisher in processing author and illustrator royalties.
Skills and Experience required:
- Three years’ experience in the Contracts or Rights Department of an illustrated publishing house or literary agency;
- Thorough understanding of co-edition publishing and licenses;
- Excellent knowledge of contracts, copyright and royalty structures;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel, and database systems such as Biblio;
- Absolute accuracy and eye for detail;
- Excellent communication, organisational, time management and project management skills, plus flexibility to juggle multiple deadlines; plus
- Confidence and professionalism when communicating with colleagues and external clients.
To apply: email your CV and covering letter, stating current salary,
to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header ‘Contracts and Royalties Executive’ by 1st December 2022. Only successful candidates will be contacted, and applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Little Tiger is committed to employing individuals from varied and diverse
backgrounds in order to build a team which reflects the different communities of our readers. We employ people based on their abilities, regardless of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality or socio-economic background.